Friday, February 9, 2018

Ice Dye Surprise Quilt


image
I have a feeling a lot of you were expecting a piece with a lot of bright colors. This was a new combination I tried.
These two parts were probably in the same batch.
It started with the center section. I dyed some pieces of fabric to go with it. They did not work at all.
Plan B! I had another piece with similar colors but it had a totally different manipulation. It took me several tries to come up with an idea that worked. It was a challenge to design especially with a very limited amount of the border fabric.
I'm not afraid to cut up a piece of my precious hand dyed fabric and try to make it work when I'm designing.
Once I came up with a rough idea I did a lot of figuring and trial and error to make it work and fit. 
I have to say I am very pleased with it.
image
Always remember, color gets all the credit, but value does all  the work.

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's SEW true!! Sorry about that, Value. Give me COLOR!!! :P

Kathy Pitts said...

It looks like an animal face and it's reflection to me. Another genius piece.