Monday, January 15, 2018

Delightful Story Without Names (And No Pictures)

I live a serendipitous life and love when special people appear to make an otherwise boring time interesting and memorable.
On a recent flight most of the passengers were even older than me…yes, that is possible!
I was sitting in my usual aisle seat and the other two seats were empty.
The flight attendant was helping a very young girl who was flying unattended for the first time find a seat. I asked if she would like to sit in my row.
She took the window seat.
She looked a little scared, yet confident.
I asked her how old she was and what her name was. I told her my name.
I showed her pictures of some of my grandchildren that were the closest to her age.
That broke the ice. She was one of the most delightful children I have ever met.
She shared her home made chocolate chip cookies with me. We both agreed they were far better than the treat the airline was giving out.
She gave me her Dad’s business card and I gave her one of mine.
She really got excited when I started to show her some of my Ice Dyed Mandalas. I told her about my upcoming show, Florida Ice.
After the flight I received a message from her Mom telling me how excited she was about the show and that she told her mom  “Mom, We have to come to it”. I sure hope they do.
I know this little girl is going to have an amazing life and will accomplish great things.

3 comments:

Mary said...

What a delightful story.

Robin said...

How refreshing to hear of a child who doesn't bury their nose in their phone. It sounds like you both enjoyed the encounter and benefited from it. Thanks for sharing.

Robbie said...

What a delightful post and such a sweet one too!!! Nice the mom. Wrote you...that little girl will remember that flight for a long time!!! You are a special lady who will remain that special lady to us and others you meet.