Saturday, November 25, 2017

Grand Finale Masterpiece

As a grand finale I created a 3 dimensional quilt in my Colors Of My Life Series.
I found the pictures of it after only searching for 3 days on my new computer!
I think you will like it.
3Dquiltleft
If you start at the left of the quilt this is what you will see.
3Dquiltcenter
The view changes as you walk past the quilt. This is what you will see as you get to the center.
3Dquiltright
This is what you see as you get to the right side.
It is much more impressive in person.
I designed each side differently so you see a totally different quilt as you walk around it..
The biggest challenge was putting it all together neatly. I felt like I had to climb inside the quilt to sew.
Once it was all put together I realized I didn’t have the skills to create an armature to hold it in position.
I took it to Seebeck’s in Kenosha and John constructed the sections to make it work. He did a fantastic job.
I wish you all could see this in person.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Breathtaking!! I've never seen anything like it before.

Gayle from MI said...

Wow! Great job!

Susie Q said...

That is quite a piece. I wish I could see it in person as well. I have never thought of trying to make a 3 dimensional quilt.

marj k said...

I saw a quilt like that years ago in Paducah and another variation was open cubes and there were so many different pictures created depending on how you looked at it. It was amazing. As is yours. Lots of variations of different ideas, and putting them together is an engineering challenge. The quilts were actually fabric landscapes and/or pictures.

annie dehgan said...

Amazing!

The Inside Stori said...

What a coincidence ……I too am working on this format……which can be very confusing to this non-math person…… love your results.