Thursday, November 16, 2017

Bulls Eye Quilt

image
This was a popular raw edge quilt idea several years ago.
Of course I had to add my own twist to it and used my magic circle stitcher to made the circles.

After they were made each one was cut in quarters and connected with 3 different ones. I think the Jinny Beyer border added a lot to this one.
Like so many other of my pieces it sat for years waiting to be quilted. When Eileen Mirr said she could long arm some quilts for me I had her do this one right away. Of course she used her famous spiral design.
image
The backing fabric has cows on it which is simply a coincidence. I looked in my fabric supply and found this piece that was wide enough and just a few inches longer than I needed.
The quilting added so much to this.

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I made a 9-block mini with this pattern several year ago. LOVE your larger version!!

Jenny said...

I remember that pattern - although I never made one. Your version looks great, and the backing is so cute!

maggie fellow said...

I really like this quilt - great job finishing

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

It works well with that border. I love the bovine backing, very apt.