Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Journey To January 29, 2017

image
This morning my car was packed with my work for my ground breaking show Ice Tapestries and Shibori Quilts. This may not look like a lot, but it was arranged and layered to get everything there in perfect condition.
image
As soon as my grandson Jeff got done working he arrived to drive the quilts and me to the Anderson Arts Center.
image
When we arrived there my grandson in law Nate was there to help Jeff unload them and get them inside safely.
image
Candace had set up this room to be ready to receive the work. The floor coverings would keep things clean and she could view the work to decide where she would hang it for maximum impact.
I can’t wait to see how she displays things. I am also anxious to share this exhibition of the culmination of creating beautiful work for the last several years from white fabric and turning it into beautiful colors and designs with you to see.
I hope to see you there.

4 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

This will be such a fitting tribute to your lifetime of work (and sharing your work) in your area!

Robin said...

You must be so excited. I'm excited for you. I won't be traveling up north but hope you will eventually post pix of the exhibit. Thanks for sharing this long process and preparation.

Robbie said...

How exciting!!! Can't wait to see the arrangements they come up with Wish I could be there!!!

Windy Hill Happenings said...

What a beautiful space...sure it will be an amazing show!