Friday, January 20, 2017

9 More Days Until My Solo Show Opens

Ice Tapestries and Shibori Quilts
Anderson Arts Center
121 66th St
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Over 80 pieces in 8 galleries
Opening Reception: Sunday January 29th, 2017 1:30 – 4 pm
Show Dates: January 29-March 19 1-4 pm daily Tuesday – Sunday
image
I was able to get some pictures of the show today. These are only teasers and are not edited for the very best clarity.
image
I just want you to get an idea of what you the show features. This is my major work for the last 3 years. Everything started with white fabric. I have dyed, painted and otherwise changed the fabrics.
All of these pictures were taken before the lighting was done to show each piece to it’s best advantage.
It was exciting for me to see the way Candace Hoffman has hung the show. She has a real talent for making work look fantastic. She said people who have been in the AAC for one reason or another this week are very impressed, excited and planned to come back to see the show once it opens.

5 comments:

sonja said...

Your Tapestries/fabrics/ quilts are amazing here.
In person they must be so stunning! great work!

Susie Q said...

Why of wy is Kenosha a thousand miles away??? It is looking great....

Robin said...

lighting or not the quilts look fabulous. Candace had fabulous items to work with. Wish I could be there. Will there be a catalog for sale?
Best of Luck with the show.

Robbie said...

Oh my, Kay!!!! I wish so much I could see your show. It looks amazing!!!! Folks are going to be so lucky to see all your work and appreciate it!!!

Elaine Millar said...

This looks truly amazing!
Wish I cold see it in person.