Monday, July 25, 2016

Chasing Rainbows 4

You will have to scroll down to see this entire L O N G piece in it’s entirety and glorious colors.
image
I am loving creating these pieces with the satin stitching done with shiny rayon thread.
I start with a piece of dyed fabric I have created with shibori, ice dyeing or any other technique. The base for this particular piece was created with one of my ice dyed fabrics.
Each piece I have created is done with a different design/color idea.
Yes, they take a long time to do the stitching. I work no more than 1/2 hour at a time which means I need many days just to do the stitching to create a piece.
The assembly and finishing also are time consuming.
I have gone back to my roots to finish the edges as a double binding is the perfect edge finish for these pieces.

7 comments:

Pam said...

You are just great! I love your creation. It is spontaneous and creative with beautiful colors!

The Inside Stori said...

Kay, this is such a fabulous way to work with your ice-dyed creations……just wonderful!!!

Robin said...

absolutely fabulous. Reminds me of a view of the forest from roots to sky! The amount of work you have to do to create this is amazing.

Julie said...

The effect is just beautiful despite the outlay of time. Sometimes it just takes what it takes.

Peggy said...

At first I thought the as trapunto. I love this piece and your satin stitching. Are you doing the satin stitch through the sandwiched quilt? Just beautiful. And the binding really frames it nicely.

AnnieO said...

Beautiful! It is obvious how much time and care go into the piece. That is a LOT of thread changes and bobbin winding!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work. When you did your satin stitching, did you do it after the piece was sandwiched? I love this piece.