Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Sneak Peak At A New Version

image
This is less the 1/4 of a new piece I am working on. The base is one of my ice dyes.
I am using shiny rayon thread to do the satin stitching. I must have at least 200 HUGE cones of this thread. Some of them are so close in color. It is a variation on the pieces I’ve done before with straight satin stitching on the surface.
Using the cones takes a lot more time than using small spools as they need to be handled more carefully. I am loving the effect I am getting with the wandering lines.
I am always excited as I enjoy each more variation on a theme more than the previous one.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Your results are amazing. I find rayon thread too fiddly to work with. It seems to be best in an embroidery machine so I gave all mine away to my friends. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Robbie said...

Really cool!!! You'll be 'impressed' (or I hope so! HA).I started to design my 'idea' for the challenge! Woohoo!