Saturday, March 19, 2016

Supporting Cast

imageMost of the time when I start a quilt one outstanding fabric inspires me.
My next choice is finding other fabrics that work with and complement the first fabric I chose.
This is a group of fabrics that are possible supporting fabrics for the next quilt I will start.
Just because I choose some of these fabrics doesn’t mean they will make the final cut.
That is why it is important to me to have a wide range of fabrics to choose from.
Over half of the fabrics you see here have been created recently. The others have been created sometime in the last 10 or more years.
And if none of these do the job I also have a drawer full of hand dyes along with the selection on my cutting counter.
One of the biggest challenges is sometimes finding the PERFECT fabric and then not having enough of it. But….I think of that as a design opportunity as often a piece is more successful when additional fabrics are added.
It is not only my love of fabrics and color that keep me coming back to make more quilts. It is also the thrill of the chase as I find the perfect fabric to make a quilt sing.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Well, we certainly enjoy your "thrill of the chase"! Gives us so much inspiration!