Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Just A Few Small Fabrics I’ve Created

image
I sometimes try different things or products on a piece of fabric. Often they get put away in a drawer and taken out at a later date and I do more to them.
image
This is a small piece. The detail is a little lighter than it looks in the photo.
image
This actually started with a boring piece of a commercial print. I think I have 3 or 4 layers of pattern added to it.
image
This is another piece that has at least 3-4 layers of pattern. I used one of my original design thermofax screens for one of the layers. Two of the images were my own rubber stamps I made.
All of the pieces I have showed you on this post are relatively small. I have no idea how or when I will use them. That is true with both these small pieces and the larger pieces I create.
I have always let the fabric inspire me. That has held true whether I was sewing a garment or making a quilt. ( OK, I admit, I did make some poor choices of fabrics for 9th grade sewing projects.) But I learned a lesson and didn’t repeat the same mistakes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your fabrics. Beautiful colors!! Great job!!!

Robbie said...

We'll see them in one of your pieces of artwork at some point in time!