Tuesday, March 1, 2016

5th Quilt Finish For 2016

scroll quilt finished
It’s such a good feeling to finish another quilt.
When I started working with the red/yellow/green fabric I had intentions of creating something entirely different with it. I am open to trying something different when I see the original idea is not making the most interesting use of the fabric.
This one has been a joy from start to finish.
image  image
Using the satin stitch and the decorative stitches from my sewing machine in this way were something I had never done before. I was very pleased with the detail and accent they provided.
Who knows? This could show up on future quilts.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

What an interesting and cool piece!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

I like it a lot -it has an Asian feel. The cutout work and quilting are very well done!