Monday, February 22, 2016

A Finish Is Always A Fantastic Feeling!

imageI’m thrilled to have finished another quilt.Other than creating a work of art, finished has to be my favorite part. Everything I have worked towards is now in place and I am always so satisfied.
image
To me the back of the quilt is as important as the front. I pick something that will not show less than perfect quilting….as I work toward my goal of imperfection in my art and life!!!
Usually the back, facings and casing would all be the same fabric. Since the fabrics on the edges of this quilt are dark I decided to make the facings and casings dark as they often can be seen when looking at the quilt from the sides. I’m glad I made that choice.
I already have 2 or 3 (or 4)  other pieces in various stages of completion and I am anxious for those to reach the finish line.

1 comment:

Podunk Pretties said...

I must say art quilts aren't my thing. However I find this piece very unique and inspiring. My son and his sweetie are both artist and find quilting interesting from the artistic stand point. Something like this would be right up their alley and might just be what gets them busy making their quilts. Thanks for sharing on Podunk Pickin's.