Sunday, November 29, 2015

Get Ready, Get Set, Dye!

image

I got my dye studio in the garage set up finally.

It’s not fancy, but it’s mine, all mine….unless I have a friend dyeing with me.

The dyes are arranged in color flow order so I can see what I have. All the auxiliaries are ready to use.

The counter is covered with a dye rag. There are containers to mix the dyes and also to dye in.

Now all I need to do is prepare some fabric for dyeing.

It’s not as simple as just throwing a piece of fabric in a pot of dye.

It involves washing it, possible ironing it and arranging it on poles or other ways.

Then comes the actual dyeing process which can take hours or days.

Hopefully in the end I will have beautiful fabric that is beautifully colored and ready to use.

I’ll share more when something happens!

Don’t hold your breath waiting as preparing the fabric can be one of the most time consuming parts of the process.

No comments: