Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sunset At Cedar Key

image

It’s finished in record time. I showed it as I was working on it yesterday. Since then I have cropped off some of the quilt to make a better balanced design. It is easier to take away than to add.

The entire piece is constructed with hand dyed silk noil. It is fused in place. I added a little bit of detail with machine stitching.

It was free motion quilted and also quilted with an even feed foot….whatever works for the area I am working on.

I used one of my favorite edge finishes…zigzag stitching over the outer edge of the quilt.

I used a medium weight drapery fabric for the back, casing and label. The heavier weight makes the quilt hang better and also makes it easier to do a smooth zigzag edge finish.

I’m very pleased with the finished quilt and I hope someone else will be too.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

This really turned out SO nice, Kay!!! Certainly reminds me of Cedar Key!!!