Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Playing With My Fabric

image

One way to see if I have a pleasing and balanced group of fabrics is to photograph the group and play with different graphic effects.

These are not something I will actually create but just a fun way to check how well the fabrics work together.

image

Another fun one with the same groups and arrangement of colors.

image

A different composition with some editing.

image

Another fun effect I created.

This is a fun thing to do and it does allow me to realize if I have a potential winner in the fabrics I have picked.

image

Although this produced some interesting textures it does not produce a strong balanced composition. This is just one of the arrangements I tried with the fabric I used in yesterday’s blog post design

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Interesting process....now I know how to play with some of those photo apps I have on my phone!