Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Hand Dyed Texture Fabrics

image
One of the types of dyeing I have been doing is to over dye previously dyed pieces of fabric.
They each are about 8 x 10 inches. There are almost 100 different fabrics.
Some of them have very definite strong textures and others have barely visible textures, with many somewhere in between.
Having a variety of textures will make for a more interesting composition when I use them to create something.
I will most likely use all of them in one composition.
The second layer of color adds so much dimension to them.
I LOVE seeing all of them together.
I am winding down on fabric dyeing for the season but I still have so many pieces I haven’t shared so look for them in the day’s ahead.
I hope to dye about 4 more pieces before I am done.

No comments: