Friday, February 27, 2015

Sixth And Last Quilt Layered For Now

image
I finished layering this quilt. It is the last one I am layering until I get these 6 quilts finished.
I picked up my machine that was being fixed so nothing can stand in the way now.
I am now ready to start the machine quilting on the remaining 5. I DO love to do machine quilting, especially when I can just play and move around.
Several of this group will require some precise quilting.
It is going to be great when I can add all 6 of these to my finished quilt list.
It will not be a race to see how fast I can do them. I’ll do it as the spirit moves me. Having them ready to quilt makes it easier to listen to that spirit!

I have had questions about the design of this quilt and the fabric. I am adding another picture which shows one yard of the fabrics. I designed the fabric and it is available through Spoonflower from this link.
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/kaydesignsfabric

image

 

I added the blue hand dyed fabric as a design element.

4 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Oh my goodness Kay....YOU WILL be busy!!!

Sandi said...

That's a very interesting quilt. Did you print a photo or piece the trees in some way or was that the way the fabric came? Love the blue in between.

Norma Schlager said...

What a great use of your Spoonflower fabric! Have fun quilting.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Kay, you tree fabric captivated me. Love the kaleidoscope effect. The piecing really showcases it.