Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Villages Quilt Show

There were so many wonderful quilts at the show. I am going share just a few with you.

image

Applique was the technique used to create this intricate Alphabet quilt.

image

This appliqued bird quilt was a 1st place winner.

There are always a lot of beautiful appliqued quilts in this show.

image

This very traditional log cabin quilt was shaded beautifully and the workmanship was outstanding.

image

Another lovely appliqued quilt in vibrant colors.

There were many other equally lovely quilts. I had a very short time to view the show. I tried to take photos of some of my favorites. I  thought there would be fewer people at the show in the afternoon but it was well attended which means often it was hard to get a photo without people in the photo. I have to say when people realized I was trying to take a picture they were very polite and moved out of the way.

This show is held every two years so come back in 2017 for more pictures.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thank you for sharing these lovelies. Looks like a fun show with a lot to admire.

Robbie said...

It was a packed show for sure! I posted pics on my blog too. I was quite impressed with some of the workmanship...just wonderful!!!