Friday, January 2, 2015

One Last Family Christmas Day!

I share family memorabilia with each member of the family.
This year each grandchild got a Hummel figurine, a Radko ornament and a piece of my red souvenir glass collection.
I try to match these things to the recipient but if I can’t find a connection they still get one.
image
Heidi received a sparkly red shoes ornament. When the girls were young they loved to wear the sparkly shoes I had for them to dress up.
image
Blake’s red souvenir glass says Minneapolis, MN since he works in the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
image
Stephanie received a piece of red glass from Union, Ia. She is from Iowa.
image
Jessica’s Hummel features two little girls. She has always treasured her girlfriends.
image
Jeff’s red glass says Raymond, which was my mothers brothers name. Uncle Ray was the one responsible to the car collecting gene in our family!
image
Nick’s Hummel is holding a bottle of German wine. We have a strong German heritage.

image

Kierstin is studying her red souvenir glass.
image
Jared is looking at his ornament.
image
Cooper was again impressed with his red glass. It is from the World’s Fair 1898. He also received a similar one last year and couldn’t believe how old it was.
image
Julie’s Radko ornament was a large pineapple.
image
When I was organizing pictures this past summer I put together a book of pictures for Jeff. They were a big hit with his family.
image
Of course I also did a book for Greg. His family also enjoyed it. Of course he gave me a hard time since Jeff’s book was bigger!
I took all the pictures on this post with my new iPhone 6s camera. They look so much better on the phone. I edited them but I still am disappointed that they don’t look as good as the ones I take with my camera. I am wondering if I am missing something?
Other than giving Dana her gifts when I see her, that is all for Christmas 2014.

No comments: