Thursday, November 27, 2014

Family Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was something we had always spent with our family.

52 years ago we lived in Ohio and were not able to make it to visit family in Wisconsin or Minnesota.

We had wonderful next door neighbors, Bob and Jenny Snyder.

They invited us to spend Thanksgiving with their family on her parents farm.

We felt so welcome.

Today I am also spending the day with Ohio friends, but we are all in Florida now.

image

If you read my blog regularly you know that my friend Sally Rue was the first person I met when we moved to Ohio.

We lost track of each other for over 30 years but reconnected about 5 years ago.

image

The last time I saw them in Ohio our kids were 3 and 4 years old.

If you look very closely you will see Sally is sitting in the same rocking chair that is on the right in this picture. It has been at least 4 different colors in the 52 years we owned it.

image

Our son Greg was 3 weeks old.

image

Their son Andy had not been born. Both Greg and Andy are now 51 years old!

image

Fast forward to 4 years ago. I spent Thanksgiving with their family at Andy’s house. It was the first time I had met him.

Lauren was 50 years old and had just become a grandma! Where did the time go?

image

Ted was all grown up but when the camera came out he and Andy became kids again!

We will be spending Thanksgiving at Andy’s house this year. It was also where I got to see Ted, Lauren and Andy for the first time since Ohio when we celebrated Thanksgiving there 4 years ago.

What a fun wonderful family I get to enjoy the holiday with.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

That's what it's all about...family, friends and being thankful for them all!!!