Sunday, May 4, 2014

Kentucky Derby Party 2014

 

image

Our friends Rose and Lee have made it a tradition to host a party for the Kentucky Derby each year.

They just get better and better each year.

image

Dale, our bookie, turn up in a Panama Green Bay Packer Hat..

We each got to draw two horses and it cost us a whole $1 per horse.

image

Lee is getting out his money to place his bet.

You can also see the makings for his world famous mint juleps. He grows his own mint and that might be his secret.

I think it was fixed as Dale, our bookie won $3.

It was nice that our hostess and host won $10 and $6 respectively! Hope they all invest their winnings wisely.

image

Looks like Bob is sharing a good story with Lee and Dale.

It was time for a new hat for me so I created this one with a naked hat I had and some of my supplies.

 

And here is the back of my hat.

No food pictures as I don’t want to torture you with the delicious food you didn’t get to share.

We had excellent appetizers with our Mint Juleps, grilled burgers with fixins’, beans, salads and a cheesecake to die for with fresh raspberries and a raspberry sauce.

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

What a fun way to spend a Saturday!! Love the foo foo on the hat!