Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Food Adventure!

Today my friend Jean and I headed out for a little ride to visit a new to us restaurant.

When you want to know a good place to eat ask someone who has lived in an area most of their life.

I asked my friend Winston and he recommended our destination.

image

I’m sharing this picture of myself and Debra who owns this with her husband.

Not only can you get food to eat or take out, but next door they sell the freshest fish from north, east, south and west.

You can read more about this here:

http://www.simplyseafoodllc.com/

I have lived in Florida now for 10 years and this is without a doubt the very best seafood I have ever eaten here.

Everything is prepared to order.

It is a small restaurant with only a few tables…clean and bright….not fancy….but the food is what it is all about.

We started out with salads which were crisp and tasty with our choice of dressing. We took our time and when we had finished our salads our food was ready.

I ordered a Shrimp and Clam Provencal……..I can’t even begin to describe how delicious it was. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and plentiful and it also included a very generous amount of clams in the shell. The portion was so generous I could only eat about a third of it so I will enjoy it again this evening and even tomorrow.

image

It was served over angel hair pasta. Everything was piping hot and perfect.

image

My friend Jean had grilled mahi mahi with vegetables on the side. She also gave her meal rave reviews.

And she too will be dining on it again tonight!

We then each went next door and brought seafood to take home.  Everything looked so tempting.

It is just slightly over a half hour from my house and an easy drive. The link I provided includes their menu, hours and details.

On the way out of town I stopped to say Hi to my friends Sue and Joan. It was SO good to see their smiling faces.

So thanks Winston for recommending this, and thanks Debra for making us feel so welcome and providing one of the best meals I have ever had.

You can bet I’ll be back often.

1 comment:

Kay Webb said...

Awesome, I'm jealous of the food and that you got to see Sue and Joanne.
Hugs to you and they.....:)