Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Busy Productive Day!

The first thing I did when I got up was to put 8 pounds of beef in the crock pot to make Italian beef.

Before I knew it, it was time to run a 5K Race. Yes, it was the one I talked about earlier this week….the Fiber 5K to Fight Cancer.

This is one of my favorite charities and I have supported this in one way of another since it began about 9 years ago.

And what a race it was!!!!! We made it to the finish line and closed it out with over $5400 donated in less than 7 hours.

Being in the house while the Italian Beef cooks is pure torture as it smells so good and I can’t touch it until it is done and fork tender.

I was able to leave to go to Quilt Group for about 2 1/2 hours.

The aroma when I came home was heaven.

Now what was I going to do with this much beef? It wasn’t all for me.

Around 5 I took a container full and buns to friends of mine for their dinner today. It’s even better the second day if that is possible.

Around 6:30 another friend asked if he was too late to stop and take some home for he and his son. No problem and he was here within 15 minutes on his way home from work.

While I was shredding it and putting it in the container for them he busied himself with the cut offs from the quilt I was making.

image

This is the composition he created but didn’t finish!

It is good work and it may be because he is an artist who supports himself with his work.

One of these days he and his family will be able to create some quilts with some of my fabric that is ready to fuse.

So many of my friends have enjoyed doing this and I am excited to see he and his family will create.

The evening ended with an email from a good friend who lives in the same small community I do.

She won the piece of art I donated to the 5K run. The chances of that happening are small, since it could have been won by any donor throughout the country or more.

Even though I was tired….good tired…..it still took me a while to wind down and fall asleep after a day like that.

1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

Congratulations!!! Thank you for supporting this cause!