Tuesday, December 31, 2013

5003 in 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT!
I reached by goal of getting rid of 5000 things in 2013.
My original goal was to get rid of 2013 things, but when I reached that in less 4 months I set my sights higher.
The day/year isn’t over and the total could increase.

It’s a great feeling and I do feel lighter.There are a few areas in the house where there can be no more purging. They are stripped to the bare necessities.
The closets have empty areas and each section allows the clothes to move easily so I can see what I have.
image
Just a few of the hangers I’ve emptied this year!
Yet sometime in 2014 I will be listing more of my beloved Blue Fish clothing and other special treasures on eBay.
I’ll also be listing patterns, books and possibly other items for sale on eBay.
Most likely that will not begin until June or July.

Yes, the studio storeroom is a candidate for purging in 2014 or 2015!
There are some areas in the basement that are ripe for a purging.
There is an area in the basement that is “none of my business” and I won’t touch that one.

Will I set a goal for 2014? I probably will, but it will not be 5000. More than likely it will be 2014!
I know myself well enough to know that using numbers makes me work at this more seriously.
I also know that I work better if I count down rather than count up.
Yes, I AM a numbers person!!!
So on this last day of 2013 I bid you farewell and hope you too are looking forward to 2014.

3 comments:

Gale Wrigley said...

Great job! What a good feeling to let go of STUFF. Keep up the good work. Best of New Years to you.

MariQuilts said...

wow....that's amazing!!

Joy V said...

Oh wow Kay - 5001 things you got rid of. I have been trying to purge this year (oops mean last year) as well, but didn't get anywhere near your number. So it's on again for this year - trying for one thing a day. Doesn't sound like much, but for me (who likes to hang on to things, just in case!!) it will be a challenge.