Saturday, June 15, 2013

What Were You Doing One Year Ago Today?

One of the things that makes keeping a blog worthwhile is I can look at previous years and see what I was doing. Of course there are some days I don’t post but I can look at the days before or after.

When I look at what I was doing a year ago today, I realize I am now enjoying what I did a year ago!

I am sure a year from now I will be enjoying what I am doing today.

 

My Studio: Accessories Finish The Room

As I have spent time in my newly reorganized studio my thoughts turn to using some of my quilts and other items as accessories and decorative items.

Studio decorations 2quiltsonfeltbookcase

Since my studio has a lot of windows and the long design wall it does not leave a lot of wall space to hang things. I have to think of other ways to hang quilts to make the room complete.

One solution I have come up with is to use a tension rod to hang a piece of felt to cover a bookcase.

I have pinned two quilts to the felt. This also makes it easy to change the quilts I display any time I want.

Studio decorationsofficewallbookcase

A French wood printing block and this quilt hang on the far right of the office area of the studio. Visible from the workspace in the office is the side of this bookcase. I had four 8 x 10 glossies printed of some of my quilts. I framed them with very simple black frames and they made the side of this bookcase so much more attractive.

Making my space beautiful and colorful inspires me when I am creating.

Often we have to think out of the box not only when creating art, but also when decorating a home or studio.

I hope this will give someone else some ideas.

No comments: