Friday, June 21, 2013

Shibori Composition–First Phase Sewn

image

Looks simple doesn’t it?

It was anything but………..

I have over 35 pictures of different things I tried along the way. There were also many things I tried that didn’t get photographed.

Cutting the pieces and making them fit together was also a challenge.

There were a lot of inset corners.

image

This is where I started. I won’t show all the steps along the way.

I will be adding more to this. I had to get first phase sewn before I could make a decision on if and what and where to add to it.

Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find the composition of your sewn piece very appealing.

Sue from Netanya

Anonymous said...

I definitely like this newest version. LDL

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Lovely ... your new composition is delicate, and moves the eye around the quilt. Beautiful!

The Inside Stori said...

Sooooooo worth all your efforts which I KNOW were not minor!!!

Nina Marie said...

It always cracks me up when people think that abstract compositions look so simple - love the newest version. I think its the placement of the values that adds so much more interest!

Marilyn Wall said...

Keep at it, you are surely headed in the right direction. Love it.

Nienke said...

Very interesting process with great result!

Karen@littlebirdiequilting said...

Great contrast of colours and values!

Jeanne Aird said...

I really like what you ended up with. It has great movement with enough repetition to give it unity. How large is this piece? I've never sewn inset corners, any tips?

magicmoonmusings said...

You could knock me over with a feather....this piece is INCREDIBLE.

Thanks for sharing how long/difficult the process can be to end up with a well balanced design. I need to remind myself not to stitch down the first layout I try.