Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Beginning Of A Quilt With My Own Fabric Design

If you follow this blog or my Facebook page you know I am working on designing fabric.

I would like to share the beginning of the quilt I am making with one of the fabrics.

image

I cut the fabric between the design rows. By cutting it like this I have 3 border strips on the left and one on the right.

This will allow me to have complete design units from the wide strip.

image

I have the border strips loosely pinned to the design wall to give me an idea of how the border will work.

I haven’t trimmed 2 of them to the width yet. Disregard the different colors on the strips as that was caused by the lighting in the room.

I realize it is unusual to design a border first, but this is what the fabric is telling me to do.

Stay tuned as I will show the quilt as it progresses.

image

This is the fabric I designed and had printed at Spoonflower. I had asked your thoughts on whether or not I should have it printed and available for you to purchase.

Your responses were so favorable I have decided I will make it available. I will let you know as soon as I have make the necessary arrangements.

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Wow....this is really inspiring!!

Robbie said...

Really cool design, Kay!!!