Saturday, February 16, 2013

Playing With My Paints On My Fabrics - Again

image

I have been rolling fabrics on poles getting ready to do some fabric dyeing. Many of the pieces I am using were previously dyed and needed another layer.

This was in that group but I decided overdyeing was not the way to go so I got out my paints and added some stamping to it.

It had previously been dyed twice. I think it is finished, but I will let it wait and see if I think it might benefit from another layer of pattern.

image

The fabric I started with for this piece had been previously painted with thickened dyes. I thought it was dull and boring.

I added two more layers of design with stamping. As I look at this I feel it still may need something else.

I am going to hang both of these on my design wall so I can study them and wait to see if they need anything else and what they need.

By the way, I started working on these late last night and worked until 11:30 p.m. – sometimes that’s the best creative time for me.

I'm posting this puzzle to keep your brain sharp on this lazy weekend! Click to Mix and Solve

4 comments:

Peggy said...

The red stamp on green, what does it say?? This is really an interesting effect. The wreaths really add to the bluesy background.

janice pd said...

I really like these with the stamping on them. Taking a fabric or a quilt to the next level intrigues me.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Peggy, I have no idea what the stamp says!
Yes, I LOVE that wreath stamp - it was so clear and so easy to use.

Robin said...

What an impact the additional layer made. It was exciting to see the transformation. You have a great eye for composition and color. Has this piece spoken to you about what it wants to be?