Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Perfect Harmony

image

This is a quilt I was not at liberty to show you until now.

I worked on this in a different manner than my usual method of dyeing the fabric and then letting the fabric tell me what to do.

I planned out what I wanted to happen with the fabrics and then carefully measured and dyed each fabric to undulate in a similar manner.

When I had it sewn together I contemplated how I would quilt it.

image

This is a close up of the quilting. The undulating pattern in the fabric suggested the quilting pattern.

I felt the two complemented each other and that is why I have titled it “Perfect Harmony”.

6 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

As usual you manged to combine your hand dyed high energy fabric fabric with the pefect setting & quilting solution. Love it!!

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

It is gorgeous, Kay! And the word "undulating" for both the fabric and the quilting is perfect. Congratulations on creating an entry specifically for QN, something I've never had the courage to do. I admire you and your work.

Robbie said...

It's wonderful, Kay!! Love the quilting lines....perfect compliment to the fabric!

Karin said...

Perfectly chosen quilt design. Really emphasizes the beauty of the fabric.

Barbarba Douglas said...

Kay, it was worth the wait!

acorn said...

That is just gorgeous. I am returning to the world of color and crafting and this is fabulous inspiration.p