Thursday, August 9, 2012

Weaving–Another BQ Activity

image

This is a table matt I wove on a 4 harness floor loom in college when I was still a teenager.

I was very proud of it as I designed my own pattern – 4 color plaid, and a twill weave than varied in each color section.

 

image

I also wove a pillow with the same warp. The yarn was an inexpensive cotton rug yarn which was what my budget allowed.

image

Years later with no loom I wanted to weave. I took a small bolt board and added pins to each end and warped it.

I wove this small piece with a plain weave and wool yarns.

Blackbrownsmallweaving

I also wove this on a bolt board. I did a variety of different weaves and made many color changes.

It was woven on a linen warp with wool yarns. Although the edges are quite irregular, it is quite a nice piece.

I should matt and frame this one.

Other than weaving with strips of cloth, I think these might be the last weavings I’ve done.


And as I said I hoped to do, another puzzle.Click to Mix and Solve

2 comments:

Eva said...

Touching to see one's first work. Love the pillow cover!

Robbie said...

How interesting to see some other sides of you, Kay!