Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Gorgeous Quilt–Ready For The Finishing Steps–Hand Sewing

quiltreadytohandsewcasing

I put a four inch casing (rod pocket) on both the top and bottom of this quilt. Of course the one at the top is where I insert a slat to hang it.

I also like to insert a slat in the bottom as that helps the quilt hang better.I will sew both ends to the quilt and also the fold at the lower edge. There is 1/2 inch of extra fabric in the outer layer of the casing which then allows you to insert a slat and not have it show on the outside.

quiltreadytohandsewbinding

I have added a double layer of bias binding around the entire edge of the quilt on the front.

It will be brought over to the back and hand sewn down. I will line up the folded edge of the binding with the stitching line that attached the binding.

quiltreadytohandsewbindingand casingssupplies

I have all my supplies ready to do the hand sewing. It is just a matter of time before this quilt can be added to my list of completed quilts!

No comments: