Thursday, March 22, 2012

Faux Mobius Cowl

I had knit a similar cowl before with the same yarn.
This time I was able to make a few changes to make it SO much easier to knit.
I used a circular needle to knit this.


The yarn I used was Malabrigo Rasta, a Kettle Dyed Pure Merino wool.
I would consider it super bulky weight.
I absolutely LOVE this yarn and the colors it comes in.


It takes me more than twice as long to purl as it does to knit.
I figured out a way to do all the stitches with knitting.
I feel so smug and smart. Maybe you've already figured this out, but I've never seen any directions that do this.

I think I could knit this in 6-8 hours - start to finish - or maybe less. I do my knitting in bits and pieces of time. I started it last night after dinner and finished it at lunch time today knitting in small bits of time here and there.

It's a little late to wear something like this this year, but I have a head start on next winter!

It still needs blocking to stretch it both lengthwise and crosswise, but I was so anxious to share it with you I couldn't wait to show you.

It can be worn as a single wrap around the neck, a double wrap around the neck or worn wrapped around the head.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Are you knitting backwards?
Do you do Cat Bordhi's cast on-- I love it for moebius knitting.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors...interesting the picture does not give the impression it would be long enough to wrap double around anything thing... so I guess it is longer than it looks.