Thursday, January 19, 2012

Color - Pinterist Why Do You Show Me These Things?


I have been pinning things to Pinterest for almost a month now.

Is Pinterist a waste of time or a chance to be able to find things I loved?

I found this pattern for a knit dishcloth using small pieces of left over cotton Sugar n Cream yarn. A friend had given me a bag of her leftover yarns with pieces ranging from about 20" up to about 2/3 of a skein.

This was the perfect project to use them up and use them up I did!

I enjoyed doing this and it was almost mindless relaxing knitting, but I probably could have had a good start on or finished another sock in the same amount of time.

I am not a pastel person, but there is something about these colors and the way they work together that is mesmerizing.

I still have to work in all the ends but that too will be a good wataching TV project.


In this closeup you can see the texture of the stitch I used. I do love that too and it was one of those things you could do by memory after the first few rows. Not only was it an easy stitch to do, but because of the pattern of the stitch and the multiple colors used it does not show mistakes. In case you didn't know, I am still working on my word for 2010 - which was IMPERFECTION!

I thought this made an interesting puzzle.
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey there, Kay. To lessen my guilt over spending so much time on Pintrest, I have created a Pintrest Make it Monday Board for myself. I am going to pin things there that I learned about on Pintrest and then actually did for myself. So far, pizza dough, roasted carrots, making skinny jeans, repurposing an old dress, altered/found art journal have been done. Ihaven't got pictures up as yet of all, but they will come.

Gale Wrigley said...

The good news about Pinterest is that the pattern seems to be to gorge for the first weeks, then calm down to a slower consumption. Think of it as an extended Thanksgiving Dinner, without the calories. I love Pinterest! And love the dishcloth - they are so fun to knit and to use.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I hope that means that as I do a slow withdrawal from Pinterist the pounds will melt off my body as they do when I stop eating the Thanksgiving dinner!