Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Wonderful Friends Connection Along The Highway South

After leaving my cousin Mary's family in Cincinnati I headed to Tennessee to visit my friends Joan and Rich.


It had been 4 1/2 years since we had seen each other but we picked up right were we left off.
We recalled fond memories and also updated each other on our lives and families.
Joan cooked a delicious dinner the night I arrived.

For years we traveled to many places with Joan and Rich and Sharon and Fred. I never realized how unique this was as we all were so compatible. I could write many many blog posts about the trips we took, but that was years ago and this blog is now!


On Tuesday the weather was perfect. We went for a pontoon boat ride around the lake they live on.
The fall colors were at their peak.


The large house you see is the one they built but have since sold.
Since then they have renovated and sold several others.
Their current home is so lovely and guest friendly.




Joan definitely has a green thumb. All of these hydrangea photos are flowers from the same bush. There were also other colors I am not showing you.


Tuesday evening they treated me to dinner at the Catfish Cabin.


The food was delicious and the portions generous. We each took home over half of our meal.

Wednesday morning it was hard to say goodbye. I am hoping they will decide to visit Florida this winter and we can have a reunion with Fred and Sharon.

I left a little before 9 Wednesday morning.


I arrived at Seldom Inn at 6:30 p.m. and uttered the familiar words "Honey, I'm Home" and have been settling in since then.

No comments: