Monday, August 1, 2011

Miniature Log Cabin Quilt - WIP


This was started many, many years ago.
I've finished everything but the binding.

I think the reason I haven't finished it is because I am concerned about matching the color changes on the binding to the same clor changes on the border.

I really should get it done and add another quilt to my finished list.

The strips I used on the log cabin blocks finish 1/4 inch.
The finished quilt will be 11 x 13 inches.

After I took the picture I removed the basting stitches. There was no reason to leave them in there as the quilting was finished.

9 comments:

Dolores said...

It's a wonderful little piece. I do hope you get the binding done and show it again. I too am trying to get a few unfinished pieces done but it's taking a while.

Chris said...

It really is a cute little quilt. Do add the binding and show us :)

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful little log cabin... it definitely needs to be finished and displayed...

Hanne said...

What a lovely quilt :-)

Gale Wrigley said...

Perhaps a facing instead of a binding? No need to match the gradating grays. :-)

Cris said...

I managed to do a graduated binding. It was one of the 2011 UFO challenges to replace the binding on a really nice quilt I made a while back. I was petrified at first but then as I went along I realized there was nothing to fear. It worked out for me because of the angle of the joint matched the angle of the color change of the quilt. You have two choices for this angle (with a bias binding) and one of them will match.
http://quiltwrapup.blogspot.com/2011/02/february-ufo-finished.html

Anonymous said...

It's such a wonderful little quillt. I am sure the graduated binding will be a success

Cindy Quilts said...

Lovely little quilt! Maybe make the binding opposite of the border - so that the binding is dark where the border is light, etc. Just a thought. I think it will be beautiful whatever you decide to do.

Sandra said...

I was thinking the same thing as quilty mama or just do a black or dark purple. Awesome quilt.