Friday, August 19, 2011

Another Potato Chip Quilt by Sue Scheckel, a former student!



When I was shopping last week I saw one of my favorite former students. Sue is the kind of person who always has a sincere mile on her face and makes you feel glad to see her.

She told me she had made the Potato Chip Quilt from the directions I posted elsewhere on this blog. I asked her to send me a picture. She wasn't sure how to do it. I suggested she ask a grandchild! She said two of them would be there the next day. I'm not sure whether she figured it out or she got help but I got the picture the next day.

The yellow spacers are a great contrast to the mostly blue fabrics. The addition of some green fabrics takes this to a whole new dimension than what it would have been without the acid greens.

Sue took classes from me for years, starting way back when I taught clothing classes. She is now active in the Lighthouse Quilters guild. I have always enjoyed that guild and have given many lectures and classes for them when I was still doing that. Many former students (and even some of my high school and grade school friends and classmates) are members of that guild and it is so much fun to see them again.

She said she really enjoyed it and plans on making more of them.

No comments: