Saturday, July 9, 2011

My If I Wanted To Meet A Man In An Airport Coat Variation


This coat is made from the same pattern as the one I showed you yesterday.
For this one I used the following fabrics:
1. Base - woven Buffalo check cotton fabric
2. Cotton osnaburg
3. Caramel color hand woven Guatemalan stripe fabric
4. Loosely woven black and cream wool plaid
Binding and seam covers - Black cotton


This is the back of the coat.
You can see I did a more complex stitching design on this coat.
I also spaced my lines 1/2 - 3/4 inches apart. The coat yesterday had lines stitched 1 inch apart.


This is a closeup of the stitching detail on the back of the coat.
You can see a strip of black on the back of the collar. This is what I call a seam cover. All the seams in this coat are covered this way.

The coat is totally reversible.

It is also very warm and comfy to wear. It is as warm as a fur coat - and in Wisconsin in the winter a warm coat is a necessity.

Yes, even with the one layer of wool, this coat is very washable and gets better the more it is washed.

Constructing this coat was much more time consuming, but well worth the effort. It looks great on any size or shape person.

I think you'll enjoy piecing this puzzle together!
Click to Mix and Solve

No comments: