Monday, July 25, 2011

Japanese Quilt - Work In Progress


Quite some time ago I purchased a large group of samples of authentic 14" wide Japanese kimono fabrics.
They were each about 24" long.

I constructed this quilt with 4 different pieces of the fabrics.


It is partially quilted. If you click on the quilt to enlarge it, you may or may not be able to see the quilting. I used buttonhole twist thread to quilt it. While the thread is very heavy, I quilted along the design lines with matching thread so it my be difficult to see.
It is the rest of the quilting that is holding me up. I am trying to come up with a simple yet effective quilting design that is in keeping with the Japanese aesthetic of the prints.

I ordered a bamboo hanger for it so hopefully this will make me finish it soon.

1 comment:

Mary Stori said...

Well designed! I've got a lot of similar fabrics and have struggled over how to combine them.....you've given me an incentive to haul them back out!