Monday, July 4, 2011

Celebrating July 4th

We spent the day at my brother and sister in law's house to celebrate the 4th of July on the 3rd of July again.
There were almost 50 of us there - mostly family and extended family.
I took 257 pictures. Thank goodness for digital cameras. I probably have less than 50 good ones.
I am going to share a random selection with you in no particular order.
I won't share all the 50 good ones so relax and enjoy some of the best.


Just in case you don't remember Bill and Mary I took this picture of them on the pier. Mary is wearing the apron I made her last year for the 4th.


We now have a bumper crop of young children in our family and most of them spent a good deal of time in the water or near the water. The water was warm and perfect for swimming, jumping in the water, boating, riding on the jet ski or spending time with the cousins.


These are the two youngest cousins. They are each 1 1/2 years old.


Shortly before sunset there is a boat parade. This year it was loosely organized and there was no rhyme nor reason to it. The boats did not line up but came by whenever they felt like it. We sat on the pier and watched. This was my very favorite boat!


I took about 40 sunset pictures and was rewarded with several great ones.


We concluded the day watching fireworks from the pier. It was a great day with family, food, and fresh air. It doesn't get any better than that!

Since Mary is one of my biggest puzzle fans, I think it is only appropriate for them to be the stars puzzle for the celebration.
Click to Mix and Solve

I currently have had 118,999 visitors to this blog. This is more for my information.

No comments: