Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Studio Annex - Excavated Treasures

I am trying to decide what to do with these "great treasures" I excavated yesterday.
I admit I am a collector. I love my collections but don't have room to display everything. That is why I put things away only to reappear somewhere else at a later time.



This is the cherished stuff. They've all been washed and are squeaky clean.



I could sell them on eBay, but I think that would be more work than it would be worth.



I think I have a zillion pieces of colored glass that I am not currently displaying anywhere in the house. Decisions, decisions?

It would be easy if I no longer liked these things, but I still like almost all of them.

At one time I had windows in the living room and dining room that allowed me to display all of these plus more. I've redecorated twice since then and have new windows that don't allow this anymore.

As I think about this glass I do have one idea where I may be able to display them.
Stay tuned and they may make another appearance here.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

In the second photo, back of the large fish, is a smaller more upright fish. I have one just like it and display it with 3 other little colored glass bottles. I remember purchasing it in the 60's and it was full of patchouli oil.

Nancy said...

What a wonderful collection of blue and green glass. I have some blue bottles on my windows and love when the sun shines through them. When I was growing up, my mother had a set of glass shelves in a window where she displayed her pilgrim glass pitchers. They were beautiful. Not so good, the one day when the shelves fell down! Most was saved but quite a mess.

Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Robin in WNC said...

If you decide to sell some of these I would love the chance to purchase some of them. I love blue glass and have a small collection. When the evening sun shines thur them they are just beautiful.