Friday, April 29, 2011

We Found Lena's In The Ocala Forest

I set out with friends today to find a restaurant we had heard good things about.



Everything we heard was true.

Between our party we sampled Clam Cakes, Clam Chowder, Fried Grouper, Fried Lobster,
French Fries and 2 different kinds of onion rings.
The opinion of our party - We'd all go back again. Everything was excellent - and that statement is coming from someone who generally doesn't like deep fried food!
Sorry there are no food photos. We all dove in as soon as the food appeared and we'd cleaned our plates before I remembered I should have taken pictures!


After we ate we decided to do a little exploring and took a road off the main road and found this lake. It was Church Lake and the big white building you see is the church.


We also found this boat launch site on the Ocklawaha River. I'd love to take a ride down the river some time. You can go quite a distance. I think it would be a great lazy Sunday boat ride - it I had a boat!

No comments: