Monday, April 18, 2011

Peacock Fan Quilt


Although I constructed this quilt some time ago, it is on my design wall now so I can study it and decide how I am going to quilt it.

I have been leaning towards simple quilting lately, but I know this one will need a lot more detail and variety in the quilting design.



This is another version of the same quilt.
The fans are not in the same position on each quilt.
I chose an arrangement that is balanced by the colors and designs of the blocks.

I taught this as a sampler fan class. I designed and drafted all the patterns.
This one was quilted by hand. I will NOT be doing that with the new one!
The quilts even include some hand applique.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a fun idea for class...who knew there were so many variations of fan blocks!??!

Toni in Oregon said...

I love all the different fans. And Peacock? What a great name for this one.

Melinda said...

Great quilt - I love all the different fans!

Gari in AL said...

Your fans are beautiful and so unique.