Thursday, March 3, 2011

There's More To Polymer Clay Than Just Amulets - Jewelry


I just finished this polymer clay necklace. The round beads are ones I made and they are strung with some vintage beads I purchased.

If you click on these images you will get a larger photo so you can see them better.


In this closeup you can see the individual beads better.
The design and colors all come from the clay. I do not use any paint on my clay work.

I start with packages of clay in various colors and mix them to get the colors I use. Once I have the colors I want I use them to create my designs.
I use many of the same color and design principles I use when making quilts to create with polymer clay.

3 comments:

Eva said...

Yes it is fun to make them! And then?

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I intend to wear this.
Definitely "Kay" colors!

Anonymous said...

Love everything about this.