Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Spring Tea Party With Some Favorite Dolls - Remember Story Book Dolls?


My friend Beth featured her story book dolls on her table. I am not sure if she calls them story book dolls, but to me as a child that is what we called them. I envied my friends who had a collection of them.



This doll has her original dress crocheted in maybe the 1950's. What a treasure to still have.



Beth recently crocheted the dress and hat for this doll. It is just lovely.



If this doll isn't a breath of spring, I don't know what is. She models another one of Beth's recent creations.



I can't begin to imagine the amount of time Beth spent crocheting this one. It is amazing and so Southern Belle!



This is an overview of the dolls on display in the stage area. In a future post you will get to see some of them close up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember storybook dolls. I had one and everyone else had three or four..... fun.

On the stage I spy ---- bride dolls ..... I had one of those as well!!! Mom made the dress... I did not have to share with my sister on that one, giggle.

What a lovely afternoon event you shared with "the ladies".