Monday, March 28, 2011

Red And White Quilts - Infinite Variety


This is a design I created for a red and white quilt with Corel. Seeing the exhibit makes me think I should create this in fabric soon.

I am guessing many of you have heard about the exhibit of Red And White Quilts in New York, Infinite Variety. This is the collection of 651 red and white quilts all collected by one woman, Joanna S. Rose. The exhibit is her 80th birthday present to herself and a gift to New York. The exhibit that runs through March 30, 2011.

The way they are displayed is a work of art in itself. You can find more about this show at: http://http//www.folkartmuseum.org/infinitevariety


It is also available to download to your iPad or smart phone.


I have made ONE red and white quilt and I can't even find a photo to share with you.


4 comments:

Kwiltsfl said...

I would LOVE to see this show! I can only find the app for iPad - have you actually seen the app for iPhone?
~Karen

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

From what i have heard the app for the iPhone is not available yet.
It is available for some other smart phones.
It took a long time to load it on the iPad!

Kwiltsfl said...

Thanks! I will keep checking, too - but if you hear of it being available for iPhone, could you post it on FB?

Anonymous said...

The iPhone and Android apps are now available in their respective App Stores, along with the iPad one (and of course, they're all free.) The iPad one, which is installed on iPads at the show that visitors can borrow while viewing the exhibition, pre-loads hi-res images of all 650 quits. The iPhone/Android versions are much smaller, and pull down images over the air as necessary.