Friday, March 4, 2011

Insetting A Circle In A Piece Of Fabric

Today I tried a new way of insetting a circle into a piece of fabric.

I used 6 inch squares and inset 4" circles



This is the first one I did. I do like the colorations.




This is the second one I did. There is a lot more texture in the circle fabric in this one.

I did this with fabrics I had painted so they were a little stiff. I think it would have been a little easier with softer fabrics.



I am starting with these hand painted fabrics. I suspect I will add others.

2 comments:

Judy Warner said...

I love your fabrics! And I will be really interested to see where you go with it. Thank you for sharing.

Lisa said...

I think it has some great potential, working with interesting color combinations, opposites, etc. Look forward to seeing more.