Monday, March 21, 2011

Focus On Fiber Retreat -Part 5 - Disperse Dye Printing and Melt Off

I am continuing blogging about Focus On Fiber and hope you are enjoying it.

Thank you for reading my blog. While you are here feel free to look around at many of my previous posts. The column on the right lists various topics I have discussed. If any of them interest you just click on them and the posts on that topic will appear for you to read.

I want to share some more of the work I did at Focus On Fiber with you.



This is a piece of paper I painted "Jackson Pollock style" with the disperse dyes.




This is the print on a piece of fabric. You can print several times with one painting. I printed this 4 times and then did a few more partial prints with it on the this same arrangement. I will still be able to use it quite a few more times.



We also worked with lame. This is Gina's lame neatly wrapped around a pole.



This is my lame wrapped not so neatly on a pole.



We melted out some of the metal and then dyed the nylon that remained. This is an overview of the piece I did. Had I wrapped it as neatly as Gina did I think it would have been a lot more effective!



This is a closeup of the processed lame. It is hard to really appreciate in a photo. It has a lot of texture.

I can't wait to share more of the things we did with you in more posts!



Linda H made sure we got up and moved around to keep in shape!

3 comments:

Janet Jo Smith said...

I hadn't heard of this technique with lame. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Warner said...

Sounds like this was a great experience. I like the coloring in your lame.

Rhoda Taylor said...

How did you melt the metal from the lame?