Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Circle Inset Quilt - Design Process - Part 2


In this photo you see more squares and several fairly major changes. I have now added some blue. I feel it is getting there now and doesn't have too far to go.


When I got to this point I was quite pleased with it. I know it is often best to sleep on it for a while. After sleeping on it I gradually made a few more changes.



Often when I am evaluating a design I will convert it to grayscale to observe values.
I see a few things I want to change here.

I made a few slight changes since I took this photo.
I am also in the process of adding a few more of the inset circles.
It's a process and it can't be rushed.

3 comments:

Judy Spahn said...

Love your new quilt. It looks like it was inspired by the plates on the wall in the heading to your blog. Love the splotched-paint effect too, but hope you put in a few more circles.

Judy

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Thanks Judy.
Yes, I am adding more circles, a few at a time. I'll take time to evaluate them so I don't overdue it.
I do not have more of each fabric so once I add a circle that is it.
I want to be sure when I do it!

Ellen Ann Craig said...

Gray scale is a good idea to check values! Love the circle design and watching the process. Thanks!