Saturday, February 19, 2011

Collectible And Vintage Car Show In The Villages

Late this afternoon I drove to The Villages to experience the car show at Spanish Springs.
I have never, in all the times I visited Spanish Springs seen this many people there.

Yes, it is snowbird season and this is the most glorious weather we have had in months.

Finding a place to park was a real challenge. It only took me about 20 minutes to find a space someone was pulling out of and I was happy to take their place.



Studebakers were one of the cars featured in this month's show. I never really thought of Studebakers as collectible as they were an ugly duckling in their day.



The show also featured Austin-Healy's and other British sports cars.

I think you could have found just about any antique or collectible car there tonight. I specifically was looking for a Beardmore English Taxi, but if there was one there I did not find it.

I am going to show you some of my favorites, although I had too many favorites to show you all of them in one post!


I loved this old Ford that was in perfect condition. It would be a great car to drive around.
It certainly would turn heads!



I have to pick this as my very favorite of all. It may look red on your screen, but it is orange - the most beautiful orange you can imagine. The upholstery was phenomenal. I am quite certain this was not restored to original colors, but restored my someone who loved color and knew how to use it. For someone like me who loves color enough to title her blog Quilts + COLOR, I sure fell in love with it. Yes, it is a sunset kind of car!

1 comment:

VVS Art Quilts said...

Love the pics, thanks for sharing. I have two friends who participate in that car show, but I'm a little too far away to go see it.