Friday, January 7, 2011

Two Home Themes

Honey I'm Home AGAIN!

Thanks to my son Jeff I was picked up in along white stretch limo for the trip to the Milwaukee airport. I took a picture of it and the driver with my iPhone. What I didn't realize is that my iPhone also takes video's and I mistakenly took a video.
The trip to the airport went faster than any previous one as I was able to pass the time emailing on my iPhone!

The security lines were the longest I have ever seen at that airport.

I snapped this picture of a new eatery while I waited in the security line. The Milwaukee airport has a lot of interesting shops including a used book store that has been there for years.


The plane loaded quickly even though it was a BIG one. The center seat next to my aisle seat was empty in an almost full plane which makes the trip much more comfortable.
We arrived 20 minutes early and I was home again by 10 p.m.

I have a few more "home" pictures from my trip to Racine Tuesday.


This is the house I lived in from the time I was 4 until I was 10. There was a huge pear tree in the back yard and my parents canned enough pears and pear sauce to last our family of 7 people almost all winter. I often wondered if the tree was still there as it was huge 60 years ago. I drove down the snow covered alley and it is no longer there.


I also drove past the home of a long time friend who reads this blog and took a picture of the home their family lived in. It is obvious that someone who cares about this home lives here. All the homes in the neighborhood still look great. The snow was the perfect frosting! My friend has not been back to Racine for at least 30 years I believe.

No comments: